Breakout Sessions (2 Rotations, Each 40 Minutes)
Breakout A: DSO Accounting Panel
- Mike White, Biz Ops Health Care, CLA
- Mark Rudolph, Shareholder, Dental Practice Chair, Elliott Davis
- Brian Tortolano, Partner, The DSO Accountants
- Moderator: Vigil Ochoa, Member, Dykema
A comprehensive update on the latest accounting trends and issues for DSOs, including best accounting practices and the latest developments in tax regulations, from the accounting leaders in the DSO industry.
Breakout B: Digital Marketing Hacks To Drive Patient Acquisition
- Andrew Floyd, VP of Digital Acquisition and Growth Marketing, SmileDirectClub
A presentation from one of the cutting edge leaders in marketing in the dental space on how you can drive incremental growth by applying the basics of digital marketing, increase top of mind awareness throughout the patient journey, and boost patient retention on any budget. The presentation will include a discussion of what digital marketing is and why it is important, identifying untapped digital marketing tools to fuel practice growth, and measure your digital marketing efforts.
Breakout C: National Dental Healthcare REIT: Understanding and Leveraging Real Estate Investment Trusts in your Business Plan
- Gary Modrow, Board Director, National Dental Healthcare REIT
- Jared Elfvin, Director, Chief Financial Officer, National Dental Healthcare REIT
A presentation for dentists who own or may someday own their own real estate on the potential benefits of investing in a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). This breakout discussion will cover understanding REITs, learning about the benefits, and using your existing asset(s) to increase cash flow and create value.
Breakout D: DSO Lending Panel
- Gareth Petsch, Director of Specialty Lending, Citi Bank
- Mike Montgomery, VP – Healthcare Middle Market Lending and Sponsor Finance, Live Oak Bank
- Evan Barker, SVP, Healthcare Banking, CapStar Bank
- Moderator: Eric White, Member, Dykema
A detailed discussion with the experts in DSO lending on the latest trends and updates in the DSO and dental practice lending marketplace, including lessons learned from 2020 and what to expect in the future. (Anticipated CE Hours: .75 hours; Personal Money Management)
Breakout E: How to Build a Scalable Finance & Accounting Platform for Successful DSO Rollups
- Rupal Patel, Sr. Director, E78 Partners
- Rafat Ansari, Director, E78 Partners
- Christine Ramello, Sr. Director, 9Gauge Partners
Discover best practices related to implementing and maintaining accounting and finance operations for DSOs using cutting-edge technology to support value creation strategy. Takeaways include learning best practices in integrating acquisitions into the DSO platform, financial technology stack to support the roll-up strategy DSO strategy, the ability to make operational and financial decision making based on data, and best practices for revenue recognition and technology to automate revenue recognition.